Tuesday 11 September 2012

- unattended candle -


it was dark, only candles were glowing
the surroundings was silent, only the wind was howling..

then suddenly, our tenant came rushing in..
"Te, te" she screamed, a frantic call for my mother
my mother at first walked then ran,
as soon as she saw the number of peoply hurrying.

"fire.! fire.!" our tenant said
my mother turned to me,
"call the fire department! go ahead!"

(i was following my mom the entire time, the fire was within the area but a little farther from our house, maybe two houses away)

and then i saw it, right in front of my eyes
black smoke, red flames shot out of the sky
for a moment i stood frozen
my heart stopped, my mind - shutting off everything

it took me a moment to recover
from a moment that would seem like forever
when i looked around all i can see,
people were rushing, children crying

the looks on their faces, the looks of despair
panic, anger, getting confused - all in one -
everything, everyone was in chaos

i snapped back to reality
called for help - my friends, relatives, bf -
and a few minutes later
helped arrived.

-..♥..-
the fire started due to unattended candles
and i'm just thankful to God for keeping us safe

in that moment, in that instant,
everything you have may be taken away from your eyes
so cherish what you have.
TAKE CARE OF IT
-..♥..-

0 comments:

Post a Comment